HumTec – Human Technology Center
HumTec views itself as a platform for promoting inter- and transdisciplinary research as well as collaborative technology development.
In this context, reflexive research in its various forms plays an important role in transcending individual project experiences and ultimately providing space for the establishment of an interdisciplinary and integrated research culture at RWTH.
This facilitates the development of collaborative projects that have a suitably sophisticated interdisciplinarity profile.
The Fields in Which HumTec is Active
- Living Labs Incubator, LLI, at RWTH "Collaborate in Living Labs" of the Excellence Strategy of RWTH Aachen University is a program for the networking of RWTH Living Labs, for research with and through Living Labs and for the development of standards and metrics.
- Collaborative Research Researchers at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities are active in many ways in inter- and transdisciplinary research networks, because every scientific and technical innovation always includes social and cultural innovations.
- Ethics & Responsibility
Questions of responsibility permeate through almost all areas of any university of technology that sets itself the task of contributing to social change through innovation.
- Research Centers and Networks
The Human Technology Center is the initiator and platform for further inter- and transdisciplinary research centers and networks such as the Käte Hamburger Center "Cultures of Research" or the interfaculty research initiative Language Behaviour in Context.
The HumTec and the Profile Areas
The eight profile areas of RWTH represent the interdisciplinary research fields of the University and form the core of the RWTH research landscape.
In the profile areas, scientists from different disciplines and faculties work together to create the basis for socially relevant innovations with results from basic and applied research.
Members of HumTec are represented in the steering committees of the following profile areas:
- Energy, Chemical & Process Engineering, ECPE
- Medical Science & Technology, MedST
- Production Engineering, ProdE